Assistance League® of Phoenix improves the lives of children through philanthropic programs that fulfill basic needs, foster self-esteem and enhance quality of life.
Facts about Assistance League of Phoenix:
- Assistance League of Phoenix has been contributing to the Phoenix area community since 1960. It was incorporated in 1961 and became a chapter of National Assistance League® in 1966.
- Every penny of donated funds is used within the greater Phoenix area.
- The organization is administered by an elected Board of seven volunteer officers.
- Its primary fundraising activities are 1) Assistance League Thrift Shop, 2) fundraising events, and 3) grants and contributions. The Thrift Shop generally provides approximately 35% of the year’s revenue. We look to the community for the remaining 65%.
- Assistance League of Phoenix has approximately 150 members from all parts of the Phoenix area who volunteer a total of more than 30,000 hours each year.
- The organization provided over 60,000 units of service to individuals during the 2017-2018 fiscal year.
- As a chapter of National Assistance League, the organization is a nonprofit, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Assistance League of Phoenix is a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Five philanthropic programs are operated by Assistance League of Phoenix.
- Assistance League of Phoenix collaborates with Phoenix Fire Department, John C. Lincoln Dental Clinic, West Valley Crisis Center and many school districts to offer services to individuals.
- The first Executive Director of Assistance League of Phoenix was hired in January 2012.